April 12, 2015

April 12 1717 VN Time

Quick update.  Through the rain, Thong (damn guide) arrived on his motorbike this afternoon, after which we made arrangements for a hired van/driver for tomorrow.  En route back to my hotel, I had Thong stop at the little outside market so that I could grab a couple baguette-type sandwiches at the place from which I purchased last eve. I paid 20,000 vnd yesterday for each…today was less than half that price from the same girl. She recognized me from yesterday,  so now I must be considered a "local".  We're talking $.40/each….it's a meal….and a darned tasty one. To say that prices are favorable here is quite the understatement. This amazing hotel @$21/night….like a 5-star.  Even $12 gets you a nice hotel, but $21 really rings your bell.

Danny is now in Saigon. I had thought that maybe we could hit the Mekong River when I get there, but he has a trip set up prior to my arrival. It's probably best, as waiting for me to get there would mean that we'd make the trip very near his departure.  I'll just go on my own maybe April 15 and possibly spend the night on the river.

OK, it's just 1720, so maybe I'll walk the streets for bit.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment