April 10, 2015

April 11 1412 VN Time

Just arrived in Hoi An from Hue via bus, taxied to my hotel, and have checked in. This place is amazing…like a 5-star. And just $21/night. Top notch, that's for sure.  Danny is on a train from Hue to Saigon now.  I'll be meeting him April 14 VN time.

Khanh stopped at the Hue hotel this morning to say goodbye, at which time I pledged $70 for egg-laying ducks for Thuong, the man with no hands. His current stock is for meat, so egg-layers will be a different breed. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by a visitor while waiting at the bus stop this morning.  Nhon, who works with Khanh at Hearts for Hue, came to say goodbye and present a nice card and gift.  She has invested many hours in merging and compiling the numerous videos from my camcorder. Such a pleasant and good-natured girl she is.

Now to hit the street for something to eat and drink.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment