March 30, 2015

March 30 2232 VN Time

Quick update. I decided to purchase a new bicycle yesterday afternoon, then arranged for a van/driver for us to transport it to The's house today…for her great grandchildren. Well, when we picked up the bike at 0800 today, I decided to grab a second one for Thua's grandkids. Then it was off for the long drive to The's and Thua's houses….remote, narrow paths.  I also brought along a stash of Oreos for the kids. Everyone was surprised and thrilled….great feeling seeing the excitement in the kids' faces. Phung, The's son, took me to see Son's grave and their "old" house on his motorbike. It appeared as if nobody has lived there for 10 years. The heat and humidity takes its toll. I'm working on getting a low-profile electric cart for Duong. Both Duong and The are so unassuming and appreciative…refreshing.
The stated that I'm "like a son" to her. What a sweetie….94 years old. Two days ago, The and Duong received their new rice cookers…very neat.

Still reeling from the Mar 26 "reunion" with Captain Tha. It's bedtime here in Hoi An, but I'll be working on plans for the return visits to see The, Duong, and Thua tomorrow. It's imperative that I tend to their needs while I'm here. That is my reason for being here and my focus. Danny must be up early for a day trip to My Son, a neat historic site. Will write more later.

Neil

















No comments:

Post a Comment