March 20, 2015

March 21 0400 VN Time

March 21 0340 Hours

Well, this old boy's internal clock is all out of whack, so here I am at 0340 hours.  The effort to find a cold beverage yesterday afternoon was successful. There are many places from which to choose, but my selection was a neat little place one minute away where I could relax (seems like forever since that has happened), have a Saigon beer, and look over the busy little street. With a temp of 86F, I ended up consuming multiple bottles of beer. The menu looked good, so I tried the seafood spring rolls at just $1….delicious. Then came a huge plate of rice with vegetables and seafood…just $2 or so. If you eat at a "locals" spot, though, it's easy to fill up for "peanuts". At 0600 the hotel's well-reviewed breakfast buffet, which is included in the room price, begins. I'll make sure to partake each day. Nearby there is much to see… Ben Thanh market (very neat), War Remnants Museum, Independence Palace, Woman's Museum, Revolutionary Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, Ho Chi Minh Museum…all walking distance. I'll just walk around today and save the aforementioned for after Danny's arrival, which is anticipated tomorrow afternoon. Two hours until the buffet….

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment